Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'll Be The First To Admit

I don't like watching sports on tv. I know I know as young american male I should be thrilled at the thought of watching football on Sundays, Mondays, or any other day. It's not that I don't appreciate seeing people who are at the top of their game competing with each other but I just don't get anything out of it. For my time I'd rather be creating or building something. I think my motivation to create, build, or learn came from my dad who instead of coming home from work and watching sports went to the garage or yard to work on projects or improve. I never liked the idea of hiring someone to do something that I could learn to do myself! My dad always did things for himself and rarely hired someone come to our home and fix or build something. Instead he'd learn how to do it and fix or build it himself. My dad wasn't like that dad the movies make out to be a moron who tries to fix the sink and ends up flooding the kitchen. My dad fixed the sink and ensured it was done RIGHT! I grew up seeing craftsmanship and determination in action and knew that I wanted to be the same! So that's what you'll find here on my blog my journey in life of producing and doing things with quality craftsmanship like my dad did and what I hope someday my kids will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments respectful. If your post is out of hand or profane it will be removed. Now lively debate is strongly encouraged!